19 September 2015
Notes on Conversation Last Night
Some notes on conversation last night
• Though many persons say the phrase root beer more like roo’ beer, the beverage is in fact not made from (or for) kangaroos.
• Gram snacks are not served in India with peppercorns but in paper cones.
• My friend said neither optimist nor octopus as I had thought, but alchemist.
• The same friend became incredulous and asked “Does it eat?” when told about a cat that doesn’t shed. I then emphasized that the word he had misheard was shed.
• It’s fun to say cashews and pistachios as if they rhyme.
• Saying a man is subdued is not referring to him as a lesser type of dude (a sub‐dude).