25 February 2008

Canada geese.


Photo: Melanie (cat_crocodile).

 I was walking home today from having submitted my move-out papers to Riverbay Corporation when I spotted a Canada goose with a yellow neckband marked as RT46, a participant in the North American Bird Banding Program, nibbling grass on a small remaining green area of the huge parking lot that was formerly the Co-op City Greenway. Once home, I reported the sighting online to the U.S.G.S. Patuxent Wildlife Research Center Bird Banding Laboratory. The geese are some of the few things I shall miss after leaving the Bronx, although I will not miss their droppings always left behind in the most inconvenient places on the internal paths of Co-op City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but all comments on all articles are moderated, so quarrelsome or irrelevant ones might not be published. (If you believe this to be censorship or squelching of free speech, please open a blog of your own with any of the many sites that offer free accounts, and comment to your heart’s content.)